Time Lapse

I am pretty positive that I do not have a blog following, but in case there were any concerns regarding my one year (almost exactly) time lapse from Blogging, here is the haps.
This past year has been a whirlwind schedule, full of all of my part time jobs. My husband started his stint in grad school as soon as I completed my Masters. As the official, head of household, I took on several new occupations!
As my facebook page with tell you, my occupation is:  
master metalsmith/jeweler extraordinaire, educator, and caretaker at The School of Life

I teach at the Lawrence Arts Center.
I apprentice/production & design at Shellie Bender Studios
I substitute at Eudora Elementary & Middle Schools
I am a caretaker for pair of siblings (3 & 9)

All is well, my first year being out of the academic realm has been full of new experiences and people. Teaching without grading or attendance policies is fresh! Participating in the Art and Craft show circuit has been eye opening. Care taking and subbing are both doing their part to prep me for motherhood.

I have had my very first break from school and immersed myself in the "real world"...now, I am ready to get back in action, focusing on my own body of work and the future!

THE POST BELOW CONTAINS IMAGES OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN UP TO AT MY BENCH RECENTLY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a new vocab for a new world

in service for: MOPS

PRIMORDIAL & WARRIOR earrings available